Friday 12 September 2014

We're all about length here...

My Opa Slippers (pattern from Mamachee) have been a raging success recently - warm, comfy and snuggly, just like a second pair of socks :) 



However, we have been having some difficulty getting them sized correctly! The pattern sizes are based on the length of the foot, and measuring your foot length correctly is everything.

Here's a little infographic about how to get an accurate foot measurement:



Measuring your foot length this way means that the slippers can be accurately sized, and therefore fit you much better :) 

6 comments :

  1. Thnaks for the explanations ! it will be useful ! have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Géraldine! I love your gorgeous photos - thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. They look so cosy!! Thanks for the explanation, I've just made my first pair of slippers (much simpler pattern) and they are too big :( wish I hadn't used yarn I was so attached to! Looks like I'll be wearing them with several pairs of socks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I too was having trouble getting the right sizes, but mine were all coming out too small! At least if slippers are too big the multiple socks option IS an option :P

      Delete
  3. Bonjour! Thank for the slippers. It´s a good idea for the Xmas.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good idea for the Northern Hemisphere! When it's 35 degrees here on Christmas Day we won't want woolly slippers...

      Delete