Friday 12 December 2014

Recipe: Christmas Punch

Good Evening!

I was going to write a long post about all my crafty adventures but unfortunately, I am quite sick/exhausted. This week I developed an allergy to the antibiotics I was taking and let's say I have been very spotty since... :P


Since this won't be a long post as planned with great crochet pictures (it's stormy and rainy outside... no time for good pictures), I figured I could gift you a recipe instead. This recipe has been in my family for some time and it is alway a big hit: Alcohol-Free Christmas Punch. The original recipe provides over 10L, so I broke it down a bit. This version is perfect for a 5L pot. :)

Ingredients


2L black tea
2L red grape juice
1-2 cans of mixed fruits
1 glass morello
200 grams peeled, whole almonds or hazelnuts
200 grams raisins
1 lemon
2 sticks of cinnamon
5-10 pieces of star anise
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
Mulled Wine Spices

How to make it

(1) Steep the tea and pour it into a large pot.
(2) Cut the lemon into slices and add to the tea. 
(3) Add all the other ingredients. Note: The juice of the mixed fruits and of the morello need to go in the pot too! That way no extra sugar is needed.
(4) Let it simmer for 1 hour.
(5) Serve! Make sure to provide a spoon for the fruits. Oh and tell people not to munch on the star anise. That doesn't taste so good. You could - of course - fish all the star anise out beforehand but it's a bit annoying to find all the pieces really.

Note

You could add alcohol but it isn't needed. Best to put a bottle of clear alcohol next to the pot, so people can spice up their punch if they want to.


Hope you will have a wonderful 3rd Advent!

Take care
Anne

P.S. The pictures were taken at the Christmas market at Schloss Lückenbeck (Castle Lückenbeck) last weekend.

6 comments :

  1. Yum yum, what a nice recipe! : D And those llamas are the cutest! : )
    Hope you get well soon and manage to enjoy the holiday season! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh very nice recipe !!!! thanks for sharing with us... I'm waiting to feel better to drink it ... I'm still sick, I've catched a bad cold !!!! Have a lovely week end !

    http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anne! Hope you will feel much better soon! :)
    We just drove back from visiting Germany, it was snowing, but I reckon it won't stay!
    Keep warm and cosy!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas punch sounds delicious - thank you for sharing :) I love the Christmas market photos too. Hope you're feeling better soon :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! It's a rubbish time of year for sickness and tiredness, look after yourself! Thanks for sharing the punch, I need something without alcohol to serve alongside Gluehwein so it's perfect :) lovely xmas market pics :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! I can smell the spices as I read your recipe! Would it make a good remedy for your illness?
    I do hope you are feeling better soon. Stay warm. Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete