I was going to write a long post about all my crafty adventures but unfortunately, I am quite sick/exhausted. This week I developed an allergy to the antibiotics I was taking and let's say I have been very spotty since... :P
Since this won't be a long post as planned with great crochet pictures (it's stormy and rainy outside... no time for good pictures), I figured I could gift you a recipe instead. This recipe has been in my family for some time and it is alway a big hit: Alcohol-Free Christmas Punch. The original recipe provides over 10L, so I broke it down a bit. This version is perfect for a 5L pot. :)
2L black tea
2L red grape juice
1-2 cans of mixed fruits
1 glass morello
200 grams peeled, whole almonds or hazelnuts
200 grams raisins
2 sticks of cinnamon
5-10 pieces of star anise
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
Mulled Wine Spices
How to make it
(1) Steep the tea and pour it into a large pot.
(2) Cut the lemon into slices and add to the tea.
(3) Add all the other ingredients. Note: The juice of the mixed fruits and of the morello need to go in the pot too! That way no extra sugar is needed.
(4) Let it simmer for 1 hour.
(5) Serve! Make sure to provide a spoon for the fruits. Oh and tell people not to munch on the star anise. That doesn't taste so good. You could - of course - fish all the star anise out beforehand but it's a bit annoying to find all the pieces really.
You could add alcohol but it isn't needed. Best to put a bottle of clear alcohol next to the pot, so people can spice up their punch if they want to.
Hope you will have a wonderful 3rd Advent!
P.S. The pictures were taken at the Christmas market at Schloss Lückenbeck (Castle Lückenbeck) last weekend.