Sunday 26 August 2018

CBW goes Dutch!

Hello Hello!

Not much crochet happened over the last weeks... Not because I didn't want to but because there was very little time. Big changes are and will happening: My husband and I will move to the Netherlands next month! 

New adventures and I am ridiculously scared and excited at the same time.

 


We both got jobs in Eindhoven and will move to Brandevoort which is a suburb from Helmond (the town next to Eindhoven). Brandevoort is really cute. I am looking forward to living there and explore the whole area by bike. It is 10km to our new workplaces, so hopefully we can bike to work soonish. At the moment I am not fit enough but fingers crossed, it will happen by next year. Eindhoven and the surrounding area is really flat - that will be a nice change to hilly Dortmund. As I grew up in Northern Germany, I like flat areas for biking adventures...


Our new home is just 150 km away from Dortmund but moving across border means a whole new level of moving preparation... New healthcare, new insurances and so on. Fortunately we can skip all kind of visa and work permit issues - I am so happy we live in the European Union! We are currently talking to moving companies and move to make the big move at the end of September. Cross your fingers they are good with moving my huugggee yarn stash. 


(The Captain needs to learn Dutch too!)

My Dutch skills are rather limited at this point. I hope to learn as soon as possible. Of course learning the Dutch crochet terms are on top of my agenda! Does any of you have any suggestions?! Also, does any of you live in the Eindhoven area and would like to meet up sometime?!

Take care
Anne


3 comments :

  1. Doeie Anne! Hartelijk gefeliciteerd aan jouw nieuw arbeidsplaats. Mijne Hollandse taal is slecht maar ik kan een kleine beetje Hollands praaten. Als je Engels en Duits kunnen praten, dan zal je de Hollandse taal makkelijk om te leren.
    G'day Anne! Congratulations on your new job. My Dutch is bad but I can speak a little bit. If you can speak English and German then you will find the Dutch language easy to learn.
    All the best with the move!
    Alle best met verhuizen!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Netherlands! Wow! Although they speak a bit of a funy dialect there, you will have lots of fun. ;) Good luck with the move and everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete