Friday 22 March 2019

Woohoo! The finished Hydrangea Stripe Blanket

Hi everyone!

Phew, it has been a long time since I wrote my last blog post. I thought about it a lot, but in the end, my day didn't have enough hours.

Recently, we went to Denmark for a week and I finally (!!) finished my Hydrangea Stripe Blanket! Phew. The project took far too long for my liking and some point it wasn't a lot of fun anymore. I guess, I am not cut out for projects which take very long.



Now that the blanket is finished, I love it. It is soft and lush. I really hope, the recipient will like it too. It is a gift for a dear friend of mine who turned 60 last December. I wanted to finish the blanket in time for her birthday, but eh, that didn't work out. It will be more of a Easter surprise now. I will pack and ship it soon!



The pattern is really easy to follow and after a couple of rows, i developed a nice rhythm. I had to crochet more rows (lots more) to reach the desired length. I assume that's because I used a 4mm hook and a slightly different yarn.

Belissma is a lovely yarn to work with. It was a great stitch definition and just flows from the hook.

As much as I love the blanket, I am glad I am able to crochet smaller projects again now. I am currently testing a pattern for Michelle. Stay turned - it looks great!

Take care,
Anne



Project details

Pattern: Hydrangea Stripe Blanket by Attic24

Yarn: Belissima DK by Stylecraft Yarns

Color order stripes: Toasted Almonds, Ash Rose, Raspberry Riot, Mellow Yellow, Sugar Snap, Overly Olive, Silver Lining, Smoked Pearl, Bashful Blue, Double Denim, Purple Passion, Rio Red, Crushed Plum

Border: Double Cream

Hook: 4mm

Time: 12/18 - 3/19


P.S. Stylecraft Yarns send the yarn I am using for the blanket mentioned above last summer, but I am not in any way obliged to say anything nice about the yarn. Thus, all sentiments expressed above a 100% mine! :)

3 comments :

  1. Hi Anne,
    Wow, your blanket looks A-MA-ZING. Love all the colors. Really like the look of the yarn.
    Have a great weekend.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily
    (casacreaemilia.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! :) I am really happy with the way it turns out! So glad the colors work so well together!

      Delete
  2. Crochet has a way of helping us discover our true selves - you said you think you are better suited to smaller projects.
    Congratulations on completion on a large blanket! I'm certain the recipient will love it. xx

    ReplyDelete