Monday 25 March 2019

BAWJ2019 - Weeks 9-12!

Hi everyone! 

My BAWJ2019 is coming along nicely! I have 13 squares completed now, all in different colour combinations. What do you think of my e-afghan? 


This is going to be a bit of a long post because I have FOUR squares to show you! 

If you want to join in on BAWJ2019, check out Julie's Facebookgroupblog and Ravelry Board for more information.

WEEK 9 - QUATREFOIL ROSETTE by LISA MAUSER

Pattern: https://thislittlehookofmine.blogspot.com/2019/03/quatrefoil-rosette.html

Yarn colours: Teal, Cream, Indigo, Storm, Sage, Old Gold, Graphite


This square was well written and worked up very nicely. It was interesting to use so many colours - the other squares so far have a maximum of 4-5 colours.




The texture is lovely! And even the back is nice. 


WEEK 10 - ROSEBUD FLOWER SQUARE by CHERYL DEE CROCHET

Pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rosebud-flower-square


Yarn colours: Graphite, Cherry, Raspberry, Cream, Rose, Iron 


I particularly liked how this square took into account the twist from hdc rows by changing direction each row - the backs of the hdc stitches provide a different texture, and the square stayed very straight!


I'm not sure how much I love the little extra rosebud, but it's nice to learn new techniques.


It's easier to see on the back how the alternating hdc rows keep the square nice and straight:


WEEK 11 - MISTLEY by JACQUI GOULBOURN

Pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mistley-square

Yarn colours: Heather, Olive, Coral and Copper



Another well written square! It's so nice when a pattern just slides off the hook without much thought or consideration! 



I wish the centre circle was a bit more... circular, but maybe blocking will assist with that, if I can be bothered.


WEEK 12 - LITHA by KRIS KELLN

Pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/litha-2


Yarn colours: Silver, Lupin, Violet, Graphite


Talk about a well-written pattern! I think this is my favourite square so far - interesting stitches, not overly complicated but extremely easy to follow. If only all patterns were like this!


Again, I wish the centre diamond was, well, centred, but maybe the little twist is a design feature not a bug :P 


Phew, I'm up to date (and up to date on here) - bring on the next 36 weeks! 

1 comment :

  1. Great work and useful feedback about each square. Changing directions with hdc is noted!

    ReplyDelete