Saturday 7 March 2015

Another Blanket and an Alien Bunny

Happy Saturday!

I hope all had a good week filled with beautiful moments! :-) My day always gets even better when i see a new comment. Thank you so much for taking the time!! It means a lot.

On Monday, my grand-mum for whom I am currently making a blanket fell and got a fracture of the femoral neck. As she is 94 years, this wasn't good news (not that such a fracture is good news ever). The doctors evaluated the options and decided that surgery would be the way to go. Unfortunatly my grand-mum was also in the middle of a gout flare. Thus during surgery they also had to remove parts of her fingers so the flare wouldn't interfere. Woah. No easy surgery and we weren't sure she would make it.


So we waited all Tuesday... and we got lucky. She got through the surgery and is doing better than expected. What a relief!! So much of a relief that I finished her blanket in extra speed!


I really hope she will like it! The green relates to the green in my late grand-dad's blanket. It is a lap blanket and thus not huge but a good size. I could have made a larger one but she asked for a lap sized one. Hopefully it will do her good during her recovery (and afterwards).


This week a girl from work bought a whole bunch of labels for handmade works from the internet. She was really kind and gifted me three of them to sew onto my blankets! :) I was so happy! It will look great on the blanket for my granny, don't you think?


After all the blanket work, I felt like it was time for something else... I like making Amigurmi but I was eyeing this Bunny Pattern from AllAboutAmi for month. 

Uh, when I placed the eyes, I placed them too low and too far apart. As those are safety eyes, I can't change it. Oh well, looks like my lil' bunny is becoming an alien bunny! We have to love all crochet creations after all, don't we? :D I am thinking about adding some green alien stuff and and an antenna... What do you reckon?


Wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Take care
Anne

14 comments :

  1. I am happy to hear that your Gran is doing better. Awfull when those things happend.
    Enjoy your Alien ;o) Hope a packet in the mail will make your days better soon.
    Have a nice Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! I am looking forward to the parcel! I am on holidays for some days, so if I am lucky, the parcel will wait for me when I return home!! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh Anne, I am so sorry about your grand-mum falling but pleased she pulled through and is doing well. I am sure it will be really special to her to have a blanket to use with so much love put into it! The bunny pattern seems to have its eyes rather far apart too, so maybe with a nose it will balance out a bit. Otherwise maybe there is a secret alien bunny loving someone out there you can give it too :-). Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope she will enjoy the blanket. :-)
      I added the snout to the bunny and the ears yesterday. Looks better than I expected it to me... Hm. In case this one turns out alright, I will make a proper alien one in green afterwards! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry for your Granny, but I'm happy she's doing well now! I'm sure she'll love the blanket, and it'll help her to keep her legs warm, especially the one that now hurts, so it's both a beautiful and useful gift! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she can put the blanket over her hurt leg :-)

      Delete
  4. That must have been quite a shock for you all, I am glad though that the surgery went well and hope that your Gran makes a good recovery. I am sure that her recovery will be aided by your blanket and the love that it will remind her of. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) Fingers crossed she will recover well and soon!

      Delete
  5. What a worrying time you have all been through. I am glad your grandmother made it through the trauma of surgery and wish her well in the days and weeks ahead. What a nasty break.
    I am sure she will like your blanket, especially since it is the size that she prefers. Lap size also means you can get it finished quicker than full sized blankets. I am sure it won't take you long - you are such an expert at the corner-to-corner blankets now. Blankets are so useful and if it is too warm to be rugged up, a blanket can be folded to become a makeshift pillow or bedroll for extra support.
    You should take your bunny/alien to show your grandmother when you visit her - if it turns out to be too funny looking, you can laugh together and if it turns out nicely, she will be proud of you and have something different to think about besides hospitals and medical issues.
    Take care, all of you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your grand-ma is feeling better now !!! She'll probably love the blanket which is really beautiful !!! Take care ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne sorry to hear about your Oma, so pleased she is doing well - hope she continues to recover, I bet she will love the blanket. Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that your grandmother is recovering, that is pretty major stuff for a lady of such an impressive age. Your blanket for her is gorgeous, she will love it I'm sure.
    Jillxo
    ps I still haven't posted your prize mainly because I'm disorganised !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope, Oma is feeling better already! My amigurumi parrot almost turned into an alien, too, if I would have placed the eyes like described in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your grand-mum and hope she keeps on recovering well. Your blanket will wrap her in love and bring a smile t her face.

    ReplyDelete